Monday, March 9, 2009

It's been a while

I would much rather reflect and spill out my thinking into this blog than do the homework problems I seem to be avoiding so well today. My life has calmed down considerably since I had those three midterms within hours of each other, which is very very nice. I got a chance to get out of SD on Friday and go to Disneyland with Crystal, which was undeniably fun for both of us.
Funny story about that trip...we were standing in line to go on Mr. Toad's, when a woman came up to us and asked us to do her a favor. We both assumed she'd be asking where the bathroom was or if we knew when the fireworks were, but noo, we were way off. She had gotten to the front of the line with her two ADORABLE kids when she was told she cannot take both of them and her baby in the same car, and they couldn't ride alone either. Apparently Crystal and I look like trustworthy and nice people, because she asked us to "adopt" her kids and take them on the ride with us. OF COURSE we said yes, because we love littles, and they warmed up to us SO fast. The girl, Brynn, would not let go of me. She kept playing with my hair and giving me moustaches and talking about how she LOVED the rocket ship ride. I still cannot get over how ridiculously cute she is. Crystal took her brother, Bailey. It was so fun to go on the ride with a kid and see things from their eyes. It's been too long since I got to see that sense of awe and wonder up close and personal. Sadly, they were heading home afterward so we had to say our (in brynn's case) tearful goodbyes.
Anyway, the day was completely random and fun and SO nice for a change. I love the days you go so long without drama, its refreshing.
The weekend went by insanely fast after that, and I am still suffering through adjusting to the time change. I woke up this morning feeling a little icky, and by the time my first class was out it took everything i had to get back home without falling over. I'm feeling much better now, but it was not such a fun way to start off the new school week.
Also, I've become a big fan of a new quotation for my life:
"Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace and gratitude."-Denis Waitley
In years past, I've spent a lot of time dwelling on little annoyances and other things that are completely minute in comparison to the big picture. Honestly, the happiest times in my life are the ones where i forget about the anger, and forget about the annoyances, and leave all of my doubts behind. I am completely happy doing things for other people, and seeing the little things people do for me that they don't need to. Life is full of these little things that we take for granted, and I am sick of focusing on things that upset me. I am blessed in every facet of my life, and i have no reason to not be wholly and completely happy with myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment